Hauser & Wirth Somerset and the Roth Bar & Grill are open Tuesday – Sunday
(Closed Mondays except Bank Holidays)
Gallery & Garden:
10 am – 5 pm (March – October)
10 am – 4 pm (November – February)
If you are visiting in a group of 10 or more please contact the gallery to find out about group bookings.
Roth Bar & Grill
Breakfast from 10 am
Midweek lunch served until 3 pm
Weekend lunch served until 3:30 pm
Afternoon Tea from 2 pm – 5 pm
Friday & Saturday dinner from 6 pm
ADDRESS AND DIRECTIONS
Hauser & Wirth Somerset
Durslade Farm, Dropping Lane, Bruton, Somerset BA10 0NL
Tel: +44 1749 814 060
Fax: +44 1749 812 061
Roth Bar & Grill
Tel: +44 1749 814 700
Hauser & Wirth Somerset is located on Dropping Lane, the Wincanton road just outside Bruton. From Bruton town centre, walk towards the railway station and under the railway bridge. Just past the bridge, there is a public footpath to the right through a field. Follow this uphill, across a driveway to the community garden area and cross the B3081 to reach Durslade Farm. For your own safety, please make use of the public footpaths and avoid walking on the road. For those guests walking to and from the gallery in the winter months, we suggest you carry a torch to light the path through the fields after dark.
By Public Transport:
Bruton is situated on the Bristol to Weymouth train line. Hauser & Wirth Somerset is a 5 minute walk from the train station. A direct train service from London stops at the nearby Castle Cary and Gillingham stations. It takes approximately 15 minutes by car from Castle Cary / Gillingham to Bruton. A taxi rank is available at the station entrances.
Buses run from Wincanton and Castle Cary to Bruton.
For train and bus timetable information visit:
Hauser & Wirth Somerset is situated on the B3081. Bruton has good road links within the South West and is easily accessible from the M3 / A303, M4 & M5. Driving from Wincanton along the B3081, Hauser & Wirth Somerset is situated on the right-hand side just as you come into Bruton. Coming from Frome, Shepton Mallet or Yeovil, travel through Bruton, follow the signs towards the railway station and drive under the railway bridge. Hauser & Wirth Somerset is situated on the left-hand side.
Car and motorcycle parking is available at the gallery.
Please do also consider sharing your car journey with friends or visit:
Tony Chinnock: +44 (01749 831 408 or +44 (0)7703 068 878
Castle Cary Taxi: +44 (0)1963 351 333
Wincanton Taxi: +44 (0)1963 824 269
Destination Travel: +44 (0)1963 34 441
Bruton & Mendip Taxis: +44 (0)7984465864 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All public areas of Hauser & Wirth Somerset are accessible for wheelchair users and we have a wheelchair available upon request. The gallery aims to be as accommodating as possible and if members of your group have disabilities or special needs, then please contact the gallery in advance of your visit to discuss your requirements.
HOUSE AND GARDEN RULES
- Admission is free, but we welcome donations to our chosen charity for 2017; BrueCRUE.
- Free parking is provided for visitors
- Children should be accompanied at all times – the gardens have open ponds, please be vigilant
- We cannot permit dogs inside the buildings or in Oudolf Field unless they are assistance dogs. We have a shaded kennel in the car park where up to 4 dogs can be left at their owners’ risk.
- Please note there are no picnic facilities
- Please do not touch or climb on the sculptures
- Please do not pick the flowers and plants
- Please do not drop litter
- CCTV is in operation
- Please note photography is not permitted inside the galleries
- Please note that we cannot take responsibility for accidents or personal injuries sustained while at Hauser & Wirth Somerset, please wear sensible footwear and behave appropriately
OTHER PLACES TO VISIT
Find out about other local areas of interest to visit on the Bruton Town website.